[op_liveeditor_element data-style=””][text_block style=”style_1.png” align=”left”]
Please check for the confirmation email either in your inbox or spam/bulk folder. If you did not get a confirmation email within 24 hours, make sure to contact me ASAP via email at: MarcosAvellan@MarcosAvellan.com or call (305) 551-0100 and ask for Kevin or Octavio – the info on the confirmation email is IMPORTANT and you need it.
Thank you for your reservation to our NRA Pistol Instructor Course coming up. You’ll see the charge on your credit card as “Miami Shooters Club”.
The remainder of your class fee is due 24 hours before the start of class. Please check your confirmation email for the link to the order form so that you can make the remaining payment when you are ready. If you do not get the email within 24 hours, contact us.
Your fee covers the prerequisite Instructor Led Basic Pistol Shooting Course and the Instructor Course – it does not include range fees.
Prerequisites: Candidates must be at least 13 years old. Candidates between ages 13 and 17 can pass and become Apprentice Instructors. Candidates between ages 18 to 20 can pass and become Assistant Instructors. Candidates ages 21 and over can pass and become full certified instructors. Minors under 18 years old that take the course need to sign up with their guardian (who must register and attend as well). Instructor candidates must be US citizens or legal permanent residents. Candidates need to be able to pass the qualification requirements, download them here: https://pistolinstructorcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Pistol-Qualification.pdf
Please bring the following to your first day of the course:
- 1.5 inch three ring binder for your NRA Trainer’s Guide (we will provide the guide at class)
- Pen/pencil, highlighter and paper to take notes
- Identification (can be state issued ID, drivers license, USA passport, military ID, CWL)
- NRA Basic Pistol Blended Lesson Plan (we recommend putting into a binder). You DO NOT need to complete the lesson plan, only bring it to class so we can go over it. Download, print, and bring to class: https://pistolinstructorcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Phase-II-Lesson-Plan.pdf
- NRA Basic Pistol Instructor-Led Training (ILT) Lesson Plan (we recommend putting into a binder). You DO NOT need to complete the lesson plan, only bring it to class so we can go over it. Download, print, and bring to class: https://pistolinstructorcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/ILT-Lesson-Plan.pdf
- NRA Instructor Training Program Pre-Course Questionnaire – Appendix 1. Download and print, complete, and bring to class: https://pistolinstructorcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Questionnaire.pdf
- NRA Instructor Training Program Pre-Course Qualification – Appendix 5. Download and print, and bring to class: https://pistolinstructorcourse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Pistol-Qualification.pdf
- A firearm (22lr recommended for shooting qualification, but not mandatory. If you want to rent our .22 Ruger Mark III pistol, you can for $10 – but you must own a gun to be an NRA instructor)
- A case for the firearm
- 100 rounds ammunition
- Eye and ear protection
- Appropriate range attire. We recommend pants, long sleeve shirt, cap, closed toe shoes (no flip-flops or sandals) and for ladies no low-cut shirts or heels
Refund and Rescheduling Policy:
Your registration fee is non-refundable. If something comes up and you need to reschedule and take a later course, let us know as soon as possible. Our policy is that if we are able to replace your spot with another student before the course starts, you may reschedule for a future course at no extra cost. However, if we do not get enough notice and are unable to replace your spot, we will charge a $100 rescheduling fee for you to reschedule for a future class. We normally sell out our courses three weeks in advanced, so the more notice you give us, the better. With inclement weather conditions, do not assume we are cancelled – we will most likely be continuing with our class unless we give everyone written notice via email. Failure to attend due to inclement weather without us cancelling the class via email will result in a $100 rescheduling fee.
Failure of the Written Exam or Shooting Qualifier:
The two written exams are open note. If you fail the written exam during the course, as a courtesy, we will let you retake the course again for only $100. If you fail the shooting qualifier at the range, we will grant you a second attempt right then and there. Should you fail the second attempt, we will extend to you unlimited future attempts at a later scheduled qualifier at our range at no charge – so no pressure with the shooting qualification 🙂
Unsafe Student Ejection Policy:
Miami Shooters Club has a PERFECT safety record – and we plan to keep it that way. We reserve the right to ask anyone not observing the safety rules, not displaying the appropriate attitude, or under the influence of controlled substances to leave the classroom and/or range with no refund. Our student’s safety is our top concern – and this policy has been put in place to protect you.
Liability Waiver and Prohibitive Persons:
Students will be required to fill out a liability waiver and sign a statement certifying they are the following:
• ARE over 18 years of age (if under 18, legal guardian must sign the waiver and register and attend the course alongside minor)
• ARE a United States citizen or Permanent Legal Resident (Green Card)
• Are NOT a convicted felon that has not been annulled or pardoned
• Are NOT under indictment in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
• Are NOT a fugitive from justice
• Are NOT using or are addicted to any unlawful controlled substances
• Are NOT adjudicated as a mental defective or have been committed to any mental institution.
• Are NOT under a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening somebody
• Have NOT have been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions
• Have NOT renounced their United States citizenship
• Have NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
Late Class Attendance Policy:
Students must be on time for their course. If you are more than 30 minutes late you will have to pay a $100 rescheduling fee for a future class – unless you have written permission from Miami Shooters Club.
Range Fees Are Not Included:
Range fees are usually around $20. Sometimes students will pay the range directly – and sometimes we will collect from the students in cases where we reserve a section of the range in advanced.
If you have questions, feel free to call or text us at (305) 551-0100 or email me at MarcosAvellan@MarcosAvellan.com
NRA Training Counselor
P.S. It’s not too late to register a friend! Go ahead and send them the link to our page, which is www.PistolInstructorCourse.com